We had an office picnic this past week. It was great – everybody came….all 6 of us! I brought baby wipes (….okay….and desserts). You can wipe down a picnic table with them. You can wash your hands with them before eating.
What many people don’t know, and probably particularly people who do not have kids, is that baby wipes are golden. They are strong. They are moist. They can do just about anything.
So here’s my Top Ten List of what baby wipes can clean:
10. Spills around the minivan cup-holders from mocha lattes (that are just necessary some days to survive after long nights)
9. Food spills on the couch despite the rule of no food in the living room
8. Sticky lollipop fingers compliments of the boys’ pediatric office (sugar-free of course)
7. Dried green snot smeared over cheeks and nose, especially first thing in the morning
6. Greasy hands from putting a bicycle chain back on….again…and again for the 3-year-old
5. The dining room table after a meal of spaghetti (good for the floor too)
4. Chocolate chips ground into the car seat of a 1-year-old who completely demolished a granola bar within a few minutes
3. Puke on the carpet
2. Pee on the carpet
1. Poop on the carpet
(yep, all of that has been tested in private, home-based research, but repeating this research is not necessarily recommended)
What baby wipes can not clean:
10. Nope – can’t think of a thing….
This is the reason why there is always a box of baby wipes in my car and several of them scattered around the house: third floor for the midnight diaper change; second floor bathroom to clean little behinds before they get into the tub; first floor living room/diaper changing area (we gave up on changing tables long ago…we just chase them around the living room!).
My mind has been spinning this week with “lists” of things related to parenting. Don’t ask me why baby wipes was the first “list” on my mind, but stayed tuned this week for more lists coming :).
They are a must-have. I think after we are done with diapers (gasp!) I might still buy them.
I can’t wait for that day – the done with diapers day! But you’re right – wipes will be around – at least as long as the boys are in the house!!
Pingback: Getting ready for summer! | middleofthemadness